Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Relief Society's Christmas Party

Relief Society had our annual christmas get together last Friday and it was a wonderful night! We had a meal and everyone either brought a main or sweet. I made the chocolate brownie Christmas trees and they were a bit of a hit, so much so that I have had a few requests to make them again, which I did and gave them to the Young Women on Sunday, all in a nice little bag so that they would not be tempted as it was fast Sunday! We played a few games and I think the biggest hit was the dice game that when you rolled a 6 you got to choose a gift from under the tree. If you wanted to you could actually steal someones gift and if they wanted to when they rolled a 6 they could steal it back. It got pretty heated and Lisa managed to win the BIG gift, which turned out to be a lovely snuggle blanket. I can see her chilling on the couch in winter nice and toastie and Gaz getting shivery! Melissa read the 'Polar Express' to us and then likened the bell that the children could hear to that of the Spirit and that she hopes that we will always be able to have the Spirit in our lives. I had never thought of it like that before but now as I read or watch te DVD I will have that in the back of my mind, thanks Melissa!





1 comment:

the woodwards said...

couldn't you change he first photo!!!!!!! oh well i suppose it could have been one off me eating...ahhh yes back to the brownies!!!!