Thursday, December 17, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Well today was one of those days parents dread! We woke up like normal and started the usual routine of bathing, dressing etc. I had my glasses off and was turning on the shower for Amelia when I got this biggest scare, red dots on her back. What is worse is that I am almost blind without glasses and everything is very blurry BUT that said I was still able to see very well that she had a problem. A quick whip of the contact lenses in and a call out to Ryan and we pretty much confirmed that she had chickenpox! A letter came home last week saying that a child had come down with it last week SO we were pretty sure! So after a stress this morning of packing all the present for teachers, we sent along with Charlotte as her bus stops at Amelia's school, we then ventured out to the supermaket, chemist and video shop as I was not staying home with her getting grouchy with the video selection, or lack of at home! And after our outing we have been home and will be home for a very long time, or at least until the spots are not catching any more, and then I am sure Lottie will come down with it then! Will had been immunised BUT their is still a 75% chance that they can get it as well!
I must say that so far Amelia has been really good and I have not had to talk to her too much about scratching as it doesn't seem to be bothering her too much YET! My fingers are crossed that it continues.


You can slightly see the poor little honeys lovely red dots!


She has been flashing me alot today and showing off her tummy and back and asking me to check them out! She is a very brave girl and very good not to scratch.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

oh no!!! Poor thing. I hope its all better by Christmas and no one else gets it.

Unknown said...

I am actually happy to spend Christmas at home in Launceston, it will be our first ever that we will be by ourselves, sad but also exciting as well.