Sunday, May 31, 2009

Master Chef Australia (Tasmania)

I must say that I am loving the new show on chanel 10 Master Chef. I think it is just great, especially as I love to cook (I don't like to cleaning up however). Last week they made a Stick Date Pudding with a butterscotch sauce and an almond prailine! So I thought that tonight I would give it a go and I must say that it tasted YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!! We had the missionaries for tea and they were lucky as they got share the last one left much to Ryans distress as he wanted to eat it himself, but, with a little sweet talking that I will make him some more he finally gave in.

They have some really good things on the show especially on the Friday evening as they have the Master Chefs class where that teach some really good tips and trick to making specific dishes. It comes in handy especially when you want to try something yet you have never done it before so wouln't know were to start. The other day they did how to prepare and clean a squid to cook up. not that I will try coooking it in a hurry but still it is a thought if I ever want to try and clean it.

Tonight they had the challenge of cupcakes, each person had to make a signiture cupcake. All were given a basic recipe but they got to choose what extra they wanted to add to it! I am very excited to try some ideas myself after watching it. So watch this space fot more cupcake delights to come!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Isn't it a great show!!!! We love it too!