Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cakes, Cakes and more Cakes

Well it was a busy day on Thursday as I had one chocolate cake order to get out for Friday and I also wanted to do a demo cake of a fantastic gluten free sponge cake with the works of jam and cream. The cake even though it does not conatin wheat was still able to rise really well and I was impressed that I was able to slice each sponge in half and therefore make a 4 layered sponge. Ryan has said that this is the cake he wants for his birthday as it is so soft and light. It is also a really easy cake to make with not much extra stuff to do like I have with the Chocolate cakes.



This Chocolate cake was for a young guy who is a BIG melbourne fan so I was able to sorce in Hobart the AFL figurine and candles for it.


This is the new cake boxes I picked up during the week. They have been really good and I have even managed to make some labels for them. I have been playing with ideas over the past few months of business names to use but have been really finding it hard, currently I have the name 'Take the Cake' but I might open up to everyone out their to give me some suggestions. Feel free to leave a comment with some ideas.

1 comment:

The Kings said...

GREAT name!!! Cake looks very yummy.