Friday, December 19, 2008

Well over the past few days I have been a little busy baking in the kitchen! Yesterday Amelia took some cupcakes to St Gorges as I thought it would be nice as something different instead of candcanes or chocolates. I was thinking outside the square and keeping in line with Christmas we made little reindeers. They went down really well. I must admit that I did cheat on these as their is a boy in her class that can't eat gluten so instead of using the receipe that I have to make the cakes from scratch I brought a gluten free packet mix, I am totally ashamed to admit this as I feel terrible not to have made them from scratch.
Today I have been busy doing a batch of Christmas gingerbread cookies and makng some mini Chritsmas puddings! I made the puddings this morning and still have to either put a cut out star on each one or dust some icing sugar over them. The cookies are a mix of mini presents, stars and gingerbread men. I found an idea and went with it in using cutout icing and making the clothes for the men, I think they are cute. I still have a few to go but at the moment I am organsing things so we can go to the Library when Ryan gets home tonight.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

They look great Angela!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa, I must say that I really enjoy making the stuff but I HATE cleaning the mess up after. I love it when Ryan is home as he sometimes helps out.