Thursday, October 9, 2008

YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Well Mums 60th is coming up next week and we are planning on taking her out for dinner next weekend and I thought to myself how much I love to cook so I would offer to make the birthday cake!

Well after lots of borrowing books from the Library I have finally found a cake to try and make. So on Monday night the family got involved in making just the cake and then on the Tuesday I decorated it. the question that was posed after it was all done up was what do we do with it now? I have a major sweet tooth and knew that if we kept it in the house I would have to live at the gym for the next few weeks to combat the fat that I would have consumed as I dont have much will power when it comes to certain foods. SO after very little discussion Ryan suggested that he take it to work, only after he was able to try a little piece on the Tuesday night. So on Wednesday he took it in and all he would say was that they were very impressed and I already have an order to make another cake next week for a girls night in that one of the girls are going to. A few health junkies who sound very similar to me could not resist trying some as well and I heard that they went for an extra long run in their lunch hour.






2 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh it does look so yummy!!! I can't believe you didn't have even just a little piece - you are too good! :)

Cullis Family said...

That looks great, perhaps I should have some cooking lessons with you!