Saturday, October 11, 2008

Friday Night Fireworks

Well as a family we decided to take the kids to the show last night and see the fireworks. The only reason we decided to go was that it was only $5 to get in after 5pm and if I had taken Will early in the day to meet up with Amelia and Charlotte who both went with their schools it would have cost me $13.

The stress of getting ready to go into the show.
Amelia was keen to show us the horses first up as she LOVES horses! We then just had a walk around and ended up in SideShow Alley. I must say that The rides were so expensive and I had made a deal with everyone that it would be one ride each only. Amelia and I went on the dodgem cars and she LOVED it. She was telling others off for crashing into us, I am sure she gets the road rage from Dad! We then had a look at some of the other rides and Ryan tried to talk Amelia into going onto the most scary ride at the show but she just said NO! I am glad that she was very firm as I reckon I would have cried if she had gone on it! She wanted to go on the gee whizzer so her and Ryan had a great time on it. Ryan came off saying he felt a bit ill and kept asking himself when would the ride end, what a sook!

Ahhhhhhhh, who is driving this car!

Ryan had his leg shut in the bar to start with, I can't beleive he actually managed a smile as his leg was killing him. He had to get the guy to undo the bar so he could move it. It just happened to be his knee that was sore to start with.

Ryan after the Gee Whizzer, he was not feelling well!

Miss Charlotte enjoying her night out.




So after the rides we looked at showbags and talk about inflation, most were about $20-$25. I decided that we would get the 3 for $10 which we chose the Freddo Frog, Boost, and twix. that way all the kids got a bag and we didn't kill the budget.

And no Amelia they are not all for you.

Amelia watching the fireworks. Oh pretty!

Yummy chips, and not a bad fireworks display either.
The best part was watching the fireworks and after a little hiccup, two went off and then nothing it soon got under way. I must say that I love my new camera as it take cool photos of fireworks on the firework setting, so easy not fiddling around the camera thinks for me. So after the firesoworks we came home and I must say that everyone slept really well, WIlliam even slept in his bed ALL NIGHT! We think that we will take him out more often and feed him hot chips befor bed as it makes him sleep better.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Isn't it so expensive to go to the show. We usually do a deal with the boys that we will go every second year or so and they only get a limited number of rides. I'm glad Mum and Dad took them this year!

Unknown said...

That is so true! We have never been to Launceston show so thought we should at least say that we have been. But I still prefer the Hobart, it seems to be a bigger show from what I remember and it costs the same.