Friday, October 28, 2011

Master Chef in training!

Monday was a day of baking in this house! William and Amelia got to choose a packet or box at the supermarket that they wanted to make so they decided to make brownies!



William was decked out in his NEW apron and was doing a great job cleaning the whisk for me!



I also had a Donna Hay box of Macaroons that I made up as well and were really easy to make but also really yummy!



I then thought why not try and make macaroons form scratch at the same time seeing that I already had all the ingredients as well as had the oven already powered up.

They didn't turn out exactly how I wanted smooth crisp outer layer and chewy in the inside BUT they still tasted pretty good!



All in a very productive cooking session and great that the kids had some new treats for there lunch boxes for the next few days. New project is the pumpkin pie which I have been checking out in a magazine, looking forward to giving it a go!

No comments: