Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Queen's Birthday Outing

Well on Monday we decided to go on a little family drive as it was a public holiday for teh Queen's Birthday, which is really wiered that we have a holiday for the Queens birthday and the people in the UK don't! We are just a culture of people who love their holidays!
The original plan was that we would drive up to Longford, have lunch then drive out to Campbell Town to visit the lolly shop as I have heard heaps about it BUT never been their. Well as always happens when you have plans things change and the firls change happened when we missed to turn off the highway to Longford, so we thought we would take the next turn which was the Carrick turnoff. We followed the road til be got to Bracknell and then were faced with a choice stick to out plans to go to Longford OR drive to Lifey Falls! Well we decided to drive to Liffey falls as we have necer been their before. Well after what was a VERY LONG 26km, I think that someone may have made a slight error in their measurments as it felt a lot longer than other 26km dries we have been on. So anyway we got to the destination and went on one of the walk BUT only went half way as we had Charlotte in her chair and it seemed to be getting a bit more downhill and we thought that it may be a bit hard to push her back up again. We did however get some excellent shots of the water and some of the great plants that were around.
The Road map was our friend!




Some of the pretty scnes we saw on our drive.Amelia and Charlotte were excited.
William was our little entertainment man! He sang some great songs for us on our road trip.
What is that asks Ryan
The kids and I at the tree stump. William was playing catch me if you can and we were lucky that he even stood here for this photo.
All about Liffey falls.

The lovely abstratc art work.
Daddy and William moment.
Some of teh interesting sites we saw growing on the trees.

This was avery unusual trype of fungus growing, we thought it was really pretty, not sure of the name however and I have not seen one before but their were a few lying around the place.

The lovely falls!
So after our lovely walk we hopped back in the car and went on what our original plan was and drove to Campbell town to visit the lolly shop. I didn't realise that they did ice cream as well so we ended up having ice cream and lollies. I was very excited to see that they had Hersheys in many varieties even some I have not seen before so I brought myself a couple to try. Another blownout was these things called milkies, similar to redskins but not around like they used to be when I was a kid! I brought one and shared it with the kids and boy did it bring back memories of when I was young and would go to the shop on my bike and get myself some. I have made a rule that anyone who wants to come and visit us and passes through Campbell Town will need as a mater of importance be expected to stop and pick up some lollies before they come and visit as it is always nice to give gifts when you visit people!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

wow - that was a big day!! Liffey falls is so beautiful hey!