Friday, June 12, 2009

More Cakes

Well I have been busy again over the last few days with making a cake order. This one is a little different to my usual ones as I have done the leaf decoration. I must say that I do like to effect that you can get with the leaves. It is rather easy to do just melt some chocolate and then using a paint brush paint the chocolate onto some leaves, let them set then pull the leaf off. Easy peasy. This cake is for a a guy at Ryan's work who's wife is having a birthday this weekend. I was told that they love white chocoate and dark chocolate, so with this in mind I made a dark chocolate mud cake with a white chocolate gnash and then a dark chocolate collar. Sometimes I feel ripped off as I would love to have a taste but don't want to have a full cake sitting in my house as I have no will power and would sit and eat all of it. I must confess that the white gnache is really good as I made a bit too much so have had a little sample of it. I have decided that I am going to make some Lemon Diva cupcakes that Julie made from Masterchef last week, however instead of following the recipe they used using Self Raising Flour I am planning to use my own recipe with plain flour as I found they did rise a bit too much to what I like and the spilt out all over the cases. I think that the white chocolate gnash will actually go really nice on them. Yum Yum Yum!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

It looks beautiful Angela!

Clare said...

It looks great ange! My mouth is watering :s