Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Peach Jam

Ok so I have been a little busy in the kitchen the past few days, yesterday it was preserving the peaches and stewing them. Today it was making some peach jam. So I thought I would share the recipe I used.

1kg Peaches
Juice from 1 lemon
use 1/2 the lemon and trim the rind very small
3 cups sugar

This is soooooo easy it's great!

Add peaches, lemon juice and the rind into a microwave dish and microwave on high for 3 minutes remove and stir then add it in for another 3 minutes.

Add the sugar and mix it thoroughly. Microwave on hight for 20 minutes, stopping and stirring every 5 minutes.

Remove and stir then put into sterilized jars and seal them tight.

Stores for up to 2 months in a cool dark place.

Note: to sterilize I add boiling water to cleaned jars and leave to sit then I empty water and place the jars on a tray and place into a warm oven to dry.






No comments: