Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary

We celebrated our 15th Wedding anniversary on the 10th February and I still pinch myself that it has been 15 years!

Just like 15 years ago it was raining, yet the only difference is that  it only rained a little in the late afternoon today, where as 15 years ago it bucketed down ALL day and then the days leading up to the day. It was actually that wet that we were not even able to use the Botanical Gardens as the venue for the ceremony and had to use the back up plan at the Hobart Grand Chancellor! The reception was a small cocktail party with family and friends and it was held in one of the executive suites that takes up two levels at the Grand Chancellor. We even had the suit thrown in for the night!

Today has been just like an ordinary day we both went to work and did what we had to do but tonight I have made a special three course meal, including prawn cocktail, roast lamb and chocolate mousse and brandy snaps for dessert! The kids ate earlier and they had some fish ( I feel like my Mum here as my mum use to cook special meals for her and Dad of t'bone steak while my sister and I would eat a chop or something that was cheap!)

The night was fun and we listened to an old CD that we played the night we were married 'Something to Remember' by Madonna. It's just a mellow CD and something totally different to what we listen to on a daily basis, especially me as I listen to gym music day in and day out. It was especially nice to just sit and talk, a rare thing in this house as the kids are always around or we are in and out or preparing a lesson or a class for the gym.

I am still hunting for a key to get the wedding album out of a cupboard downstairs! The kiddies seem to have taken off with it so when I do I will share some of the photos from 15 years ago when a boy and a girl said 'I will".

3 comments:

Cullis Family said...

Happy Anniversary Ryan & Ange!

benny.t said...

Congratulations guys - time flies huh?! 15 years is something to be proud of.

Nettie's Blog said...

Happy Anniversary your guys...and many many more..love the way you spent it too..just chilling out together...