Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A trip to Melbourne

Well last week was such a busy week! Ryan was scheduled to have a weeks holiday from work and I had booked him a flight to Melbourne so that he could go to the Temple. Well as most good plans things changed when we got the phone call on Friday about Nan. Originally the plan was that Ryan would fly out of Launceston on the Tuesday afternoon and then catch the flight home on the Friday early afternoon. Well as nan's funeral was on the Tuesday and we were in Hobart, we changed his flight to leave from Hobart on the Tuesday night. So after chasing down a ticket we were sorted. He flew out and spent a few days staying with his sister Yvette and her family.
On the Wednesday he went to the Temple in the morning and then in the afternoon he and Yvette went to Ikea! I must say he did a great job and got everything on my list and then some!!!!!! he had that much stuff he actually sent a package home which arrived today and I am waiting for him to come home so that we can open it! On the Wednesday night he went to the Temple again.


Thursday he did the Temple and then went clothes shopping, I again was impressed when he sent me a text message and said that he was still shopping. I think it must have been a record for him as he spent all afternoon looking at clothes!!!!!!! Thursday night he watched Scott play basketball.
On the Friday he didn't have much time to do much so he got up and got packed and Yvette took him to the airport where he had a stroll to fill in the time. I must say I was a bit cranky that he didn't bring us home any Krispy Kreme's BUT he mentioned that some other people were told that they could not take their donuts on the plane as they had to purchase the food on the plane!!!!! I think that it might be the last time we fly Jetstar!!




2 comments:

Chelsea Parsons said...

Im jealous! I did the dumb thing of browsing through an Ikea catalogue last week. I have a trip planned now with Mum and Dad's ute!!!! Glad he had a great time!

Cullis Family said...

I love Ikea, lucky our last trip to Melbourne included the car!!!