Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Choc Chip Cookie POPS

I was super excited to find the idea of making choc chip cookie dough pops the other day that I couldn't wait to make them as they combined my two favourite things, cookies and pops!!!!

The recipe was super easy and the result was super yummy!!!!

The Recipe

1 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 1/2 cups plain flour
t teaspoon salt
1 cup of choc chips

Chocolate to melt
Copha ( I have found of late that the melts have not been very smooth when melted so I have been adding copha to make it more workable!

Cream the butter until light and add the sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
Mix in the vanilla and milk.
Add the flour and mix on a low speed until combined (do not over mix the mixture).
Stir in the choc chips.
Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Roll the dough into balls and put on grease proof paper then place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or longer if needed. I sometimes leave the balls in the freezer for a week and take out as needed.
Melt the chocolate melts and the copha (I do mine in the microwave).
Put the lolly pop stick into the melted chocolate then stick it into the ball (by doing this it helps hold the pop on). Tap off any excess chocolate.
Add sprinkles if wanted.
I use some polystyrene to put my pops in to set.
When set put in an airtight container and keep for up to a week.




No comments: