Monday, June 25, 2012

Soup Soup Soup

Ok so I am LOVING making soup in the slow cooker at the moment, in fact I LOVE my slow cooker full stop! So My recent creation for soups is a Cauliflower and Leek Soup!

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion
2 leeks sliced
1 cauliflower head
1 litre of stock (I used a powder stock mixed with water)
Salt and Pepper to taster (however I like a lot of pepper)
Parmesan Cheese grated on top (optional)

The Cooking!

Ok so in a fry pan on medium heat add the olive oil and the garlic and sliced leek and soften, do not brown.
Cut the cauliflower and remove the stems and leaves and put into the slow cooker. Add the softened leek and onion mix and add the stock. Place the lid on the cooker and either cook on high setting for 4 hours or the low setting for 8 hours. When ready use your blender (I have a stick blender and I zap it, otherwise do it in batches in a blender). Serve warm with some shaved or grated Parmesan.


No comments: