Sunday, April 3, 2011

Some Dinosaurs!

Oh boy were they some dinosaurs that we went and watched and patted in City Park yesterday! As part of Ten Days on the Island a special show was put on for free that has travelled all around Tassie called Dinosaur Petting Zoo!  It was a great show that had lots of information about dinosaurs as well as a chance to pat a baby dinosaur. The funny part was when the Tricertop went a little berserk and rampaged into the audience of mainly kids!!!! So many kids freaked out and ran, lucky I was sitting with Will and just held him but I was surprised how brave he was he didn't even cry or freak out. The only thing he grumbled about was not getting chosen to go out the front and pat a dinosaur or to tell a dinosaur joke, which I am grateful for as I have no idea what he would have said! I think it was just fantastic, the only sad part was before the show started we were asked to leave the kids on the hay so that they could see, which we did, but a older kids of about 13 came up and kicked Will for no reason which meant that I ended up sitting with him. A lady sitting close by saw the whole thing and thought maybe it was William's brother, which wasn't as he is the only boy in the family! The lady pointed the kid out and I had never seen him before! Not sure why a 13 year old feels it's ok to go around kicking 4 year old thought but I can tell you that if I hadn't been stuck at the front of the show I would have gone and had a talking to the kid and his mother the down side was that they left just as the show started go figure. Mind you I did take a lovely close up shot so that if I do see the kid again I will keep my eye on him!






No comments: