Wednesday, September 29, 2010

LOTS and LOTS of cooking going on!

 Well I have been asked to make cup cakes for a wedding coming up so I have been busy making batches of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes to store in the freezer until the day before so I can just whip them out and do the decorations. The plan is to make milk chocolate and white chocolate gnache, which I can't do till Friday so that it can be fresh to go on! I found that Birchalls had the best range and most affordable cupcake cases and they kept their shape really well. I also used some Donna Hay ones that Mum brought me back from Sydney when she went earlier in the year. LOVE DONNA!

Ok so the chocolate mix looks pretty good! This is the same mix I make when I do my big choc cakes. I actually doubled the mix, which I will not do in future as the bowl was way too small to be able to mix it all together easily! This was taken half way through!


LOVE the affordable cup cake cases from birchalls for only $3.50!

Decided to do the vanilla one's in the Donna cases, they looked pretty good!


Hmm not a cupcake BUT a cake! I have made this to make some more cake pops, this time I made cup cake one! I actually forgot to take a picture before they were all eaten, or Ryan took most of them to work!
Will do photos next time, which will be today as I have some to make.

Love Donna Hay, just wish I could buy the liners online somewhere, checked ebay and nothing and her shop only sells cook books online! Will have to get some in Jan when we go to Melbourne.

I ended up freezing 4 dozen cup cakes and had another 12 left to eat for the kids and for Ryan to take to work. I also crumbled up some of the chocolate ones to make more cake pops with!

No comments: