Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Day at the Craft Fair

Yesterday Mum and I spent the whole day together at the Deloraine Tasmanian Craft Fair. We arived at about 9.30 and left around 3 ish. It was a great day as the weather was beautiful. We loved looking at all the very talented artists that displayed their wares from Tasmania and other parts of Australia. We looked at the amazing glass blowing display and were amazed at how much work people had put into their talented work. We saw a few people we knew and stopped and chatted which was nice as well. I am amazed how we manage to go to a craft fair and I end up spending all my money on food! We spent nearly an hour in the food tent checking out all types of ware from fudge and sweets to honey, mexian sauces, christmas puddings, salmon, cheese, and many many more things! I ended up buying a honey bag with differnt types of honey in it. I also trie this 10++ mexian sauce and I onoly tried a smidge on a chip and it was that hot that it made my tongue start to swell! No wonder it had 18 and over only to try as some kids could die from it! I ended up buying it for Ryan as he always tells me that I never get anything that is hot enough or I might think it is and then he says it's not, so when we got home he tried it and was very impressed! I can see that this item will last quiet some time as it is only needed in small doses to get an effect! We travelled around the craft fair on the free buses and we ended up having lunch on the foreshore under a tree.
When we left the fair we decided to have a stop at Westbury for some good old Andys ice creams and the line was out the door as so many others had the same idea! We sat and ate them and then drove home. I must say that it was a very long day and we were both very tiered that night. We did have a great day but thought that maybe next year we might give it a miss and go every 2 years as alot of stalls were the same and even in the same places.
As a note Ryan and the kids managed to survive the day alone together. Apart from a small hiccup when Ryan went to buy some items at Dimmies and his card declined saying he didn't have the money, which he did, they hung out at home and even got the sprinkler out to go under the trampoline. When Mum and I got home Ryan was asleep on the bed and when I said that he was doing a great job looking after the kids he asked me to look in at Mum's bed, where William had crashed out from such a busy day they all had!

No comments: