Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Last night was Halloween night and as a result we decided to get the kids dressed and visit a few families to trick or treat! It was originally planned to be a Young Women's activity but they all get better offers! So Ryan, Mum, the kids and I packed up the lolly bags iced the cupcakes and got dressed in our gear! We looked a treat and were warmly welcomed at the houses we visited, lucky we didn't scare the kids too much which is always a worry when you dress up to look scary! After our drop offs we then went to pick up some chinese takeaway for dinner as no one could be bothered to cook, I had to tell my Mum that we don't usually eat out two nights in a row but it was just one of those weeks! We had not long got home when we had a knock at our door and a few kids from around the street had got together to do some trick or treating. They were all dressed up and were very excited when I brought out our big lolly bowl, luck for me I left some over from the lolly bags I had packed up as they were very grateful. They were also very good and only took one or two lollies. I told them to take a handful which they ended up doing. After I came upstairs the bell rang again and we had a 2nd lot of trick or treaters! So they pretty much cleaned me out of lollies which was good as having them around would just see me eat them!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

sooo cool you got some trick or treaters!!! LOVE Charlotte's outfit.

Nettie's Blog said...

love those spider cakes but dont know if i could bring myself to bite into them ...maybe if i took all the stuff off first...just the thought of it i guess..think i am a woss...