Friday, October 9, 2009

A winning combination!

As most people will know I LOVE to cook!!!!! So when I saw that the show was coming up I decided to suss out about entering some of my cooking into it. Well I had three entries, the first was my Kiss Biscuits, which I tried a new recipe with. Second was my Rocky Road and then third was my granola slice. Well I actually came first in two out of three, which wasn't bad. I Won the kiss biscuit section and the rocky road section, my slice go nothing BUT I was not overly happy with the slice either so I didn't expect to get anything. So I am looking forward to picking up my cooking on Saturday and getting my lovely blue ribbons, not sure what I am going to do with them BUT I can now say that I havea winning combination. It was really funny as Ryan took some of the kiss biscuits in to work on Wednesday and he had a few people make comments on where that can pick up a wife that can cook, and that I spoil Ryan. I actually just love to cook BUT hate to clean up, so Ryan does a little bit of it for me, I se it as a trade of for him getting some great food and I get to create, again another winning combination!




2 comments:

Nettie's Blog said...

oh congratualtions Angela...that is awesome ...i never think to enter those sort of things as i love to cook as well you know...i am interested to see if the YW did any good... doesnt matter if they didnt as they sure had fun making it all....

Unknown said...

I had a look and took some pics today they had so many rocky road to choose from! Sad to say that none got a prize BUT I rfeckon next year we should get really organised and enter some other things! I am keeping the cottage industries list for inspirations.