Monday, July 20, 2009

Family Home Evening

Every Monday night we have a night set aside for a family night. It is the one night that we have that nothing else is booked into, no meetings, no gym classes, no parties etc. Tonight we had a great time as we hired some toys from the Playgroup toy library and one of the things we got were a bag of hand puppets. Ryan and I started off behind the couch with them and put on a show for the kid, they loved it and wanted to do one of their own. Amelia and Will did a great job with the puppets and had them kissing, hitting each other and giving hi 5's.
Usually the kids have so much fun during family home evenig that when we have to end our night the kids get really upset and have huge taddies! I thought that tonight to help maybe eleviate this problem of packing up from something fun we would pack up and look forward to a special treat of icecream cone cupcakes! This is something I have wanted to have a go at for a while and I finaly have run out of cupcakes for school lunches from the freezer so decided to cook some up this afternoon. The mix was really easy and I added my trusty lemon zest which makes them fantastic. After sampling one tonight Ryan and I have both agreed that I am making them againg and this time we will put a lemon curd piped into the middle.

1 comment:

Nettie's Blog said...

Love those FHE's that go off without a hitch...you have to wonder what if all the FHE nights could be like that... not all nights are fun nights but they are worth it ...beleive you me...even when you have an grown up inactive...they still know that Monday night is special in our house....
Would love to show you the quilt when it is finished if you would like to see it in the "flesh" so to speak????