Monday, August 15, 2011

Regeneration Diet

So after feeling a little bla for a while I have decided to put myself on the Regeneration Diet. This is a diet that we got from our naturopath a while back for Amelia. It is a great diet to help cleanse and detox from the harsh things we sometimes forget that we out into our body. I am hoping that after 2 weeks I can gently add back in some small things (like chocolate) but we will see how I feel in two weeks! So people have asked what the diet looks like and I have added some more information below:

Foods to Eat Freely

FRUIT- all types of fruit are fine

VEGETABLES- all are free to eat, however the following are higher in fibre but low in carbs

Asparagus, cucumber, soybeans, tomatoes, eggplants, turnips, carrots, beets, lettuce, okra, collards, onions, greens, cauliflower, string beans, brussel sprouts, green pepper, mustard greens, broccoli, radishes, parsley, celery, cabbage

MEATS AND EGGS
Chicken, seafood, veal, turkey, lamb, wild game, lean beef and eggs

UNPROCESSED NUTS
Almond, cashew, walnut, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, pecan nuts, pumpkin seeds

UNPROCESSED OILS (cold pressed oils)
Olive, safflower, soy, walnut, corn. coconut, palm

FOODS TO EAT CAUTIOUSLY (limited quantities)
High Carb Vegetables: sweet corn, peas, squash, beans, lima beans, potatoes

Whole Grains: barley, corn, oats, rice, millet, wheat

FOODS TO AVOID

All foods containing sugar and honey
Packaged and processed foods
White flour products and Wheat
Yeast: supplements or any food containing yeast
Breads, pastries and other bakery goods which use yeast (yeast free, wheat free sourdough is fine)
Concentrated yeast spreads like vegemite and marmite etc
Malt and Malt products
All alcoholic beverages
Vinegar and vinegar containing foods including sauces, mayonnaise, salad dressings, pickles and relishes
Condiments
Processed and smoked meats, eg salami, sausages etc
Pork
All dairy products
Mushrooms/fungi, melons, dried and canned fruit, commercial fruit juices
Coffee, all products containing caffeine, tea

We have done this before BUT not as strictly, Amelia was on this diet but we did have to allow a couple of things as she is such a fussy eater but overall she did pretty well. This will be the first time I will be following it and I am looking forward to thinking of different ideas I can come up with. Today was a little boring as I only ate fresh fruit for breakfast and apple for mid morning, a miso soup for lunch and 1/2 cup of nuts for afternoon tea. Hoping I don't get the sugar crave soon!!!!!!! It is all about will power and I know that I need to change my focus and see that food is fuel and start eating to that motto, easier said than done when one loves to bake!!!!!!!


2 comments:

The Kings said...

Good luck Ange! the first three days are the hardest. I've done it a couple of times now and I always feel good afterwards.

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa, so far day one and not too bad, will see how I feel when the sugar crave kicks in however!