Saturday, May 1, 2010

Australia's Master Chef Winner!

I was so excited to be able to meet Australia's first Master Chef Julie Goodwin today! She was in Birchalls signing copies of her new book, 'Our Family Table',  which she put together as one of her prizes for winning Master Chef last year. All I can say is that she was lovely and a very humble lady. What I got from chatting to her is that she is very focused on her family and that she loves them very much. When I asked her if she loves what she is doing now she said that she is very blessed. I said I was impressed how she used her family in lots of her things and she was excited to say that they were actually with her in Launceston today. Just the way she talks she is so down to earth and someone that I think is a deserving winner. I only got the book the other day so as yet have not had a chance to make anything from it BUT I have already highlighted a few recipes that I will be giving a try. What I also like about the book is that it is simple easy food that has been passed down either through her family from Grandmother, mother or Aunts or friends of her family. If anyone is in need for ideas for Mother's day they should maybe suggest a good cookbook like Julie's 'Our Family Table'. Well worth the money just now you wont be able to have it signed by her :(





2 comments:

The Kings said...

She sounds lovely Ange.

Unknown said...

She was Lisa. I just couldn't get over just how friendly and down to earth she was. What was funny was two 17 year old girls were behind us and they were so excited to be seeing her, they were almost like little groupies, giggling the works. It was also great to talk to people in the line that are watching this season and to share who they like and who they don't.