Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pumped for PUMP

Well after a painful three days I have finally completed Les Mills Body Pump training! It was the best three days and I have learnt heaps. I have done the PUMP release 73 so many times that its hard not to remember the moves! As with Les Mills training we were given a challenge on day two which consisted of going for a run and then doing some sprints then loading up the weights with either 50% to 75% more than we would do in a pump class. We then did stations in lots of the pump moves. Felt so stuffed after but it was a good stuffed!
We were each given two tracks that we had to learn and then take in front of the group. I got the squats track and the chest track. The music for both were excellent, DOA was the squats and it stands for dead on arrival. so good as a title for the workout. And the chest track was I got a feeling by the Black eyed peas. I passed the course and am well on my way in getting my own PUMP class to take. I can't wait!

This is the group after a big day three. I am amazed that we were all able to smile as we ad just not long finished our last workout for the weekend!
A BIG thankyou to our trainer Paul who was the best ever in giving us great feedback as well as correcting technique so we now can be world class PUMP instructors!

2 comments:

Thomas B said...

In was crazy fun... Hope to see you round Angela! :) We all end up with a bit of a tight bond after the 3 days!

THOMAS B... x

The Kings said...

LOVE PUMP - it's one of my favourite classes and I think we have done that black eyed peas track at Pycsam already as I remember tapping my feet to it while I was pumping away on the chest track.

Nice to see Thomas in your pic too - he is awesome.