Saturday, April 25, 2009

A 3km Anzac day fun run/walk

Today we went for a drive to Beaconsfield to participate in a 3km Anzac day run/walk to help raise money for Cancer. The start time was 1pm but we needed to be their early to register for it. Ryan and I decided to do the 3km as they had two races the 3km and the 8km. I was running it and he was walking with the kids, and the deal was that when I got back I would come back down the road and find him. This was the second race I have actually competed in I must say that it very different than working out at the gym and home. At home I can easily run at least 6 to 10 km on the treadmill at a reasonable speed but when you get out on the open road with the wind bashing against your face as you hit a head wind it is much more challenging. I must say I was happy with my time today and I got back in 13:30 which was great as I was hoping to get in under 15:00. I was also really impressed with Ryan as he had a real workout on his hands! He had Charlotte in her chair, William in the backpack and Ameli who cracked it and wanted to ride on Charlotte instead of walking. I must also say that Charlotte doesn't seem to mind having her big lump of a sister sitting on her knees as she would have complained if she was unhappy. Amelia was also really good at doing the cheering on of people as they would go past, I even got a BIG cheer as I ran past them on my way back up to the finish line. It was great day out although it was supposed to rain today we were lucky to ahve the rain stay away at least till this afternoon, bit bad for those people going to the footy tonight as they are going to get nice and wet!

2 comments:

Bron Williams said...

hey Angela
I was crusing blog land and found you guys :)
this run looks great
have agood week
lots love Bron Williams
xo

Unknown said...

Hi Bron
I love blogging and checking out other peoples blogs. Glad you found us now I can check out you guys as well!
You have a great week too!
ANgela