Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A 5km Run

Also while we were in Hobart Ryan and I went on a 5km run getting in practise for the Women 5km run to raise money for Breast Cancer. Ryan managed to run it after eating the disgusting pounder but he was not well at the beginning of it and he told me he had to walk in a few stages. I managed to make it as well BUT it was hard as it is different running on the road comapred to a cushy treadmill inside!
I managed to run the 5km race on Sunday and finished 83rd out of 2000 people with a time of 24.21. Now that I know the course I am going to run it so I can try and better the time. I am only 8 minutes behind the elite so I have a goal to work to I would like to run it next year and come in under 50! I can dream can't I! I heard that they managed to raise $10,655 towards the cause which is great! I have a strong passion in jumping on board and helping to raise money for women's cancers as it expected that 1 in 4 women will have cancer in their life, which is a very scary number. So far I have a few people in my life that have had it and survived and a few who have not so it is very close to me as something I like to help raise awareness for and money to help find a cure. In a few months our family will be back to hobart and will go in the Mothers Day classic, this is a 4km run to raise money for women's cancer as well and it such a great thing to do. This is a three stage event they have a 8km run, a 4km run and a 4km walk. It's good that the runners don't have to worry about the walkers and like wise the walkers can take their time. I am hoping to do the 4km run then come back and meet Ryan and then walk the 4 km with the family. It is held on the domain, to find out more check out the website
http://www.mothersdayclassic.org/home/event-details/hobart/#where

1 comment:

Kylie's blog said...

Well done Angela - I happened to notice your name in the paper when checking the results!

Kylie (via Lisa King's blog)