Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mum's time out!

On the weekend I went on a trip all by myself! I left Launceston Friday evening and drove to Hobart without any kids!!!!!! My mum was having a hip replacement last Friday so I went down on the weekend to help out and keep her company. I arrived at around 7pm and went straight to the hospital to visit her and like I expected she was zonked out on lots of drugs and didn't feel at all well. I stayed at Mum's and woke up on Sunday with a touch of Gastro!!!!!! William had been chucking all day Thursday and I thought that he was doing well on the Friday as he kept everything in. But when I spoke to Ryan that day I realised that he had got worse with chucking and really bad squirts! So William and I would have a made a great pair if we had been together. Anyway, I spent pretty much of the day at the hospital with Mum keeping her company as well as spending a little bit of my time in the loo! I managed to go for a walk around town for an hour to get some fresh air which was great! Later that evening I promised to babysit for my wonderful Nephews while their mum and dad went to a birthday party. I must say that they were really great, we had a heap of fun with posing for the camera and then we enjoyed singing some songs and drawing some faces. they even went to bed without complaint when I asked, talk about BONUS. I even got to read some of my book.

On Sunday I visited Mum in hospital again and she even managed to get up and go for a little walk, a big improvement from just getting out of bed and standing! She was even able to sit in the chair and eat some lunch! I left around 1.30 and travelled home where I walked into the house of the dead! poor Ryan had a bad run of things as William had been up screaming for a couple hours as he was sore from nappy rash. I asked Ryan did he miss me and his response was 'I don't know how you get everything done in the day!' I then asked if he appreciated me for the way I run the kids and the house and he said he did! Oh to feel loved.

I must say that I did miss the family heaps, BUT, I also enjoyed that I was able to get away and have some Mummy time to! I realised that it was the first time that I had been away from the kids since William was born! The sad thing was that Ryan ended up with the gastro bug on the Monday and had to have the day off, even though he was planning on going to work he realised his limitations very early that it may not be a good idea.
Playng games! Josh and Henry love the camera!
I remembered that I had the tripod so I was able to take some pictures using the timer.
Henry and Josh are so funny with what they say and do!

No comments: